How should I organize my workout?
Making It Happen
- Create consistency by keeping a regular weekly training schedule.
- Include one full rest day and two active recovery days in your program each week.
- Use variety in your workouts to build multiple physical qualities, helping you avoid injury, reinforce strengths, and build weaknesses.
How should I divide my workout days?
A typical week with an upper/lower split routine looks like this:
- Monday—upper body.
- Tuesday—lower body.
- Wednesday—rest day.
- Thursday—upper body.
- Friday—lower body.
- Saturday—rest day.
- Sunday—rest day.
What is a good workout schedule?
If you want to work out five days per week and are working on both strength and cardiovascular fitness, try three days of strength training, two days of cardio, and two days of active rest. … If four days makes more sense for you than five days, do that. But if five days is reasonable, great!
How do I plan my workout week?
Here’s What a Perfectly Balanced Weekly Workout Schedule Looks…
- Monday: Upper-body strength training (45 to 60 minutes) …
- Tuesday: Lower-body strength training (30 to 60 minutes) …
- Wednesday: Yoga or a low-impact activity like barre, light cycling, or swimming (30 to 60 minutes) …
- Thursday: HIIT (20 minutes)
How many sets should I do per workout?
No matter how many reps you’re completing per set, most fitness experts recommend performing between two and six sets for each exercise. Anything below two sets may not challenge you enough; anything over six sets could lead to overworked muscles.
What body parts should I workout together?
For instance, you may want to pair your shoulders and arms together since many exercises, such as rows, use both body parts.
Example for advanced lifters
- Day 1: chest, shoulders, triceps, forearms.
- Day 2: calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes.
- Day 3: biceps, back, abdominals, traps, lats.
How many exercises should I do per muscle?
To start, choose one to two exercises per muscle group, aiming for 3 sets and 10 to 12 reps as a beginner.
What is a good 5 day workout split?
Day 1: Chest + (Light) Triceps. Day 2: Back + (Light) Biceps. Day 3: Core + Forearms + Calves + Cardio. Day 4: Shoulders + (Heavy) Triceps.