Most people have a can of WD-40 kicking around the house. It is often the go-to solution for squeaky doors and other various home uses. However, it is not a good idea to use it as a fitness equipment lubricant. We strongly recommend you avoid using it on a treadmill, elliptical, or any other type of exercise equipment.
Can I use WD-40 on my treadmill belt?
Treadmills require a 100% silicone and this product is mixture. Using the wrong type of oil or lubricant on your treadmill may cause serious damage to the belt, motor and other moving parts. Avoid using household oils and lubricants such as WD-40, silicone spray or oil to lubricate your treadmill.
What is the best lubricant to use on a treadmill?
Most fitness equipment manufacturers recommend using 100 percent silicone to lubricate the walking belt on a treadmill. Silicone is available in a spray and a liquid.
How do you maintain home gym equipment?
How To Properly Maintain Gym Equipment
- Test Your Gym’s Relative Humidity And Temperature. …
- Keep Cleaning Sprays Away From Cardio Equipment. …
- Keep Gym Wipes Available. …
- Examine Gym Equipment In Regularly Scheduled Walk Throughs. …
- Follow Recommended Maintenance Schedule Of Your Gym Equipment.
What oil should I use for gym equipment?
For treadmills, use a silicone wax that is specifically designed for treadmill lubrication. For ellipticals, applying grease onto the bushings is your best bet since the bearings are sealed. And finally, for strength equipment you want to be sure you are using a 100% silicone lubricant.
Is WD-40 a silicone lubricant?
A multi-surface silicone lubricant that lubricates, waterproofs and protects. WD-40 Specialist® silicone safely lubricates, waterproofs and protects metal and non-metal surfaces such as rubber, plastic and vinyl.
Can I use any silicone lubricant on my treadmill?
Some treadmills have a dry lubricant coating which can be cleaned away with the use of a Silicone Spray Lubricant. … We only recommending using silicone spray after contacting the manufacturer and confirming that your specific model can use a general purpose silicone lubricant.
When should I oil my treadmill?
2. How frequently should I lubricate my treadmill? Manufacturers of low-cost treadmills generally recommend lubricating the machines every three months or every 40 hours of use. More frequent lubrication may be needed in warm environments because the oil is likely to evaporate faster.
How do you lubricate a treadmill motor?
Most treadmills require to be lubricated every six months or 150 miles, whichever comes first. Silicone-based spray or treadmill lubricant often works as the best lubricant for treadmills.
What do you clean gym equipment with?
Instead, go with disinfectant wipes that are made specifically for gym equipment like Zogics gym wipes or Scrubs Gym Equipment Cleaning Wipes. These wipes will clean up most things, but you may need some other cleaning items, depending on what’s in your gym.
How often does gym equipment need to be serviced?
We recommend that you make the checks to all cables and belts daily. They are a vital part of your equipment working and that these are replaced every 2 to 3 years.
How do you keep your home gym from smelling?
How to Stop a Home Gym From Smelling
- Have a regular cleaning routine.
- Improve airflow and ventilation.
- Use air fresheners.
- Use a clean towel when working out to wipe away sweat.
- Rotate gym clothing regularly.
- Use a dehumidifier.
- Use an air purifier.
- Add baking soda to the gym to absorb odors.